1. Welcome back to school! It is going to be a great 2017! Please remember that we have an early out scheduled for Wednesday at 1:00 for our first Professional Development Day of the year 2017!
Reading and Language Arts this week:
- We will be reading two short stories to sum up our theme on That's Amazing". One is titled "The Borrowers" and the other is titled " Lord of the Fleas".
- All spelling, grammar, and reading stategies will be reviewed this week and applied to the stories we are going to be reading and discussing.
- We will then be getting ready to write our personal narratives next week.
- The only test scheduled will be the spelling test which should occur next Monday due to the short week we have. We are reviewing the list of words that we have previously had throughout this theme.
- We will continue to work with the body systems this week. We will learn about the skin, eating healthy, and the five senses.
- Our Daily Oral Science sheet discusses the importance of our five sentences and will be assigned on Tuesday and due on Friday for a grade. Look for a bright orange packet.......Students are to read the article and answer the questions that follow it for a grade.
- We will review Module 3 Lesson #21 on division and area models and then continue onto our next few lessons on prime and composite numbers, associative properties, and divisibility rules.
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|