- Parent-teacher conferences are being held on Tuesday and Thursday of this week. Conference slips were sent home with your child last week. They are being held from 2:50-6:50 PM each evening. Please keep with the schedule that has been set for you as there are 27 students in this section and only 26 slots available. Thank you!
- Students will be dismissed on Tuesday and Thursday at 2:00!
- Poetry Unit
- Students will read a number of poems in this unit. They will learn about the elements of poetry and try writing some poems of their own.
- Students will recognize the differences between stories and poetry. They will learn that the lines in a poem may be short or organized into stanzas; a poem may have rhythm, or pattern of beats; it may have rhyming words and sense words that create word pictures. Poems may include imagery, use comparisons of unlike things through using metaphors, similes, and personification.
- Spelling list will consist of more words with the VCCV pattern.
- Grammar focus will cover using exact adjectives, choosing the better adjective, adding exact adjectives, and more comparing of adjectives.
- Other skills covered: understanding analogies, similes, metaphors, and review of prefix definitions.
- This week we will be filling out our review sheet for the test over the SW Region of the United states and testing over it on Wednesday.
- We will then move back into science for our Earthquakes and Volcanoes Unit. Students will recognize and describe the layers of the earth, and describe how slabs of Earth’s crust and upper mantle move.
- We have now moved in Module 4 which covers geometry. The students will be identifying, defining, and drawing parallel lines, use a circular protractor to understand a 1-degree angle as 1/360 of a turn. They will then explore benchmark angles using the protractor, and use varied protractors to distinguish angle measure from length measurement.
post under : Ms. J's News for the Week of March 6thMs. J's News for the Week of March 27thMs. J's News for the Week of April 10th
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|