- We have Iowa Assessments scheduled for next week (the first week of April). Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest the night before, a good breakfast each morning, and sent off on a positive note each day. Also, please remind them the importance of doing their very best each day! I have challenged my class to a pizza party if each of them can show me at least a year’s growth from last year’s scores, so it will take each and every one of them to do their part. I know they can do it!
- Story: “Gloria Estefan”
- Reading strategy focus: how to make judgments
- Grammar focus: object pronouns
- Spelling list: words that change the y to an i before adding endings
- Other skills covered: the two sounds of “g”, homophones, conducting interviews, and sentence combining with pronouns
- All tests are scheduled for Friday.
- What minerals are, how to identify minerals, and how minerals are used. Then we will talk about how rocks form and the uses for rocks. Lastly, we will talk about the processes that change rocks and how rocks can change over time.
- Recognize lines of symmetry for given two-dimensional figures; identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
- Identify triangles according to the line measurements and angles each one portrays.
- Define and construct triangles from given criteria. Explore symmetry in triangles.
post under : Ms. J's News for the Week of April 10thMs.J's News for the Week of May 1stMs. J's Newsletter for the Week of May 22nd
|<< Previous post||Next post >>|